Sunday 29 December 2013

Day 363 - al things positive. xx

Sunday 29th December

A quiet but very cold day on the island as we begin to welcome 2014 into our lives.  My 2014 is already taking shape at some pace as projects seem to be falling into place with very little encouragement.  Let us hope that momentum continues well into the year.  The seasonal kindness blog is ready to go from the 1st January so I am still checking that places I plan to visit have wifi so I can do my daily post.  Somethings never change.  Is it possible to become obsessed with challenges?   I think so as I am wondering about my 30 day rewilding fitness programme which might just kill me.  Harry is going to guide me through it at ground level so I feel a bit more reassured by that.  I do think that fitness in the great outdoors is the way forward so I am hoping that the programme will inspire Harry as well.  With a plant based diet underpinning the programme Harry tells me that I will be a completely different shape at the end of the 30 days.  I am not wild about my current shape so I am totally open to a change. 

The response to yesterdays blog blew me across the room last night as people seem attracted to the little box of sunshine kindness programme and I have many of  you joining me on this quest.  It has obviously captured our imaginations and that can only be a good thing.


I did plan to plant up my spring bulbs into their little pots today but the day rather raced ahead of me.  I had a truly inspirational hour reading the latest edition of the Positive News publication.  What a joyful publication it is as it is packed with good news for a change.  My favourite this month was the report that the short haired bumble bee has been pulled back from extinction in the UK by an excellent project in Kent.  This is the area that Molly lives her life in and I can see why. How completely thrilling to be involved in such a project and to know that you have made a difference. 

With lots of exam revision already in place Molly an I can now start working on her blog.  The plan is to reshape it to reflect her changing experiences and understandings.  I always thought that putting conservation and story telling together was a winning combination so I am really looking forward to see where Molly takes it next. 

I have had the complete pleasure of working with another Mollie this afternoon as we continue her preparations for her interview at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.  This is a lengthy and demanding process and today we were doing a critique of her short film.  I will post a link to it on the facebook page for Scottish island mum in due course as she just wants to make some changes first.  I find young people so incredibly inspiring and being able to start putting something back by supporting them in their projects is so rewarding.  Mollie is just starting out on her film making career but her intentions and aspirations are so exciting that I am sure her future will be very bright indeed. 

I am hoping that you have all had a lovely Christmas and are looking forward to the new year.  Next week I am off island as I tackle the most testing experience of my life thus far so I am using this time to get my head round it and prepare.  It might be fair to say that Scottish island mum likes words but next week every single word that I utter could well make a massive difference to the life of someone else. I am not sure the stakes could be higher so I need to choose my words very carefully indeed.

Until tomorrow.  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment