Tuesday 11 June 2013

Day 162 - Tis done!

Tuesday 11th June
The weather may have its misery hat on but I need that.  More specifically my plants need the rain so I am relieved of watering duties for today at least.  The land needs to replenish and cleanse after the run of dry days and, as late afternoon rain turns to mist, the blue Irises are capturing all the light.  It really is lovely. 

Trying hard not to listen to the maths going on in the other room I put my head down to finish my Writing through Meditation course for month one.  I had worried slightly that I had got myself into a position where I did not know when it was finished.  I should not have worried because it just finished all by itself.  I felt very much guided by the last few inserts today and the concluding point was effortless.  I do hope the rest of the months are this accessible.  In my heart I instinctively know that this is a 'drawing down' process for me as I bring different aspects of my teaching to one, quite precise, place.  I have found that, in itself, incredibly rewarding.  Maybe it is something that just comes with age and experience but it is very welcome. 

Pete was set the task of proof reading while I attempted to turn my sitting room into a cocoon for the face-to-face delivery tomorrow.  I thought it seemed to be taking him a long time until I realised that just by reading it he had begun to, seamlessly, enter into a meditative state.  I smiled internally as I could feel the course beginning to work its magic.  Of course, I am drawing on other practitioners in this course but the vast majority of the exercises have been created by me.  If I am completely honest I did not know this was in me.  Fabulous. 

I have a little rush of people requesting to join the course at the last minute.  I am thrilled because this first offering is not too small to limit productive feedback and not too large to be difficult to keep together.  I have also managed to set up a beautiful forum page for the course and so my online presence is further extended.  I have a dream.  The dream rests in a place where I can live anywhere I would like as long as I have access to the Internet.  This course might be dipping my toe in the lukewarm water but so far so good.  The ambition that I could just 'pick up' my work and take it on my travels is very appealing and, I think, the next natural step for me.  Watching Molly and now Harry strive further towards independent living centres my thoughts into a new space where I am no longer needed by my children on a daily basis.  My Buddhist teachings have convinced me not to flesh that dream out too much as that would remove me from the present and, ultimately, the moment.  But it is an emerging dream that I am quite sure is achievable with the right application and commitment. 

Thus, Meditation through Writing is a gentle beginning that I do not intend to rush in the hope that the course will speak back to me.  In essence, though, it represents much more than its title and I hope it will be well received and of considerable use to the students studying it.  Isn't life fun?

The rest of the day has been wrapped up in domestic chores which are just such a big part of family life.  Molly has been in contact from her placement at the Wildlife centre and her activities sound life affirming.  This is probably the placement that, on paper, offered the least professional experience so I am quite prepared for it to be the best of the bunch!  Feedback from her very first blog post continues to come in and her parents have had numerous 'proud' moments that have fed our souls.  She informs me today that she has just posted her second post - do have a look if you have time.  Molly is fearless but, at the same time, has a massive heart and the most beautiful soul.  She has chosen to share that with the animal kingdom and watching her journey has become a real honour.  We are truly blessed. 

Next in line is Harry who was left in sole charge of the horticultural business yesterday and handled everything that was thrown at him like a pro.  His father told Harry that he was his hero and I loved that.  Blessed once more. 

As George is in the kitchen baking, yet again, this time for after the course tomorrow we are blessed in cake - a very nice blessing indeed.  I had a very, very bad night with a major fibromyalgia crisis and if Max has asked me once today how I am he has asked me a hundred times.  The last, but by no means least blessing. 

There are times in family life when it is important to take time to count those blessings and today is one of those days.  I am what I am because of my family.  To illustrate with a small example.  I want to create a meditation and yoga space outside and Pete immediately starts thinking about how he might build that!  We will be combining it with the moon garden which will allow for full moon meditations which is one of my favourite exercises.  In the emerging designs the fragrant plants will be planted in high planters that sit either side of the meditation platform.  Having the plants above us to allow for the fragrance to filter down is important and so the design takes shape.  You would be amazed at what Pete can do with a pallet!

So, tomorrow is a pivotal day in my life as a teacher and I consider it a great privilege to be working with all these people.  Let us hope the blessings continue.  You will find out very soon.


Until tomorrow.  xx

1 comment: