Sunday 26 May 2013

Day 146 - A high pitched squeal......again! xx

Sunday 26th May

A lovely Sunday where I completely lost time in sewing my flag that I am hoping to auction.  I can lose whole days sewing quite easily if I try hard.  I am on the final stages of the flag and getting nervous about the whole bidding process.  What if no one bids?  Worse than that is the fact that I don't really want to sell it at all because I now have someone in mind that I know would like it.  This is getting worse!  I shall photograph it and do a second one to give to my friend and all will be well in the world again.

I had a lovely hour in bed this morning catching up with reading.  I am having to take the Dakini Power book quite slowly to absorb the teachings that shine through each and every woman.  What binds these women together is a complete and utter dedication to others.  They take selflessness onto a whole new level and it forces you to stop and think about previous decisions that you have made. 

I also got an email from the lovely Kev who was a guest blogger for me a few weeks back.  He has started his own blog now, Simply Kev, and it is already a joy.  This is the first writing he has done and the journey is already captivating.  I went to school with Kev and, although we lead very different lives, we share two important things.  We both have children that are flying the nest and we understand just how that feels.  We also have both learnt along the way to 'stop and 'stare' and breathe in the natural world.  We appreciate what nature offers up and we are more than happy to share.

I am completely thrilled that Kev has agreed to become a guest writer for my new site 'One soul many hearts'.  He will be able to share all those 'stop and stare' moments as and when his busy life allows.  Kev works on the oil rigs and it is a world apart from my life but I love hearing about his life.  My new site has three contributors so far and all three of them are old school friends.  Who would have known? 

I could easily have spent some time writing today because the light streaming through the trees was just stunning.  I have a creative piece brewing in my mind and I am aware that I have rather neglected my personal blog of late.  I will attempt to pen it tomorrow and let you have the link.  Most of my creative works starts life at the back of my mind or in corners that I didn't even know about.  Over time it moves to the front of my mind and then I get the impulse to commit to the piece.  This piece actually began as part of a meditation I did recently and those are my favourite starting points because when I start to write I never know where it is going to take me. 

Thankfully I loaded up my flower presses before I got into sewing.  I always pick around midday to ensure any morning dew is long gone.  The meadow buttercups hold their colour so well that I just had to press some for projects later in the summer. 


Of course, once you start noticing light you see it everywhere and I did try and capture the light coming onto my work table just as I was setting up for the day. 

It was a lovely day and I did a lot of thinking while I was sewing.  I did rather forget to drink or eat but that is another story!

Just as I was finishing my flag my brother and two of his children arrived.  They are here on holiday for the week and Rachael and Sarah do love to join in my various projects.  I shall get them flag and butterfly making while they are here. 

To start with it is more important to get on the trampoline.  I must just tell you that I had a bit of a go on it yesterday.  I read somewhere that it is a good non weight bearing form of exercise.  I struggle with weight bearing exercise so I thought I would just give it a go.  Next time I will ban Max from being on there at the same time because his jumps nearly had me off the side.  It is funny what the body can remember.  When I was very young I did gymnastics and we had to use the trampoline to practice some of the somersaults so that our bodies knew what to do off the vault.  Rest easy.....I did not somersault but I did jump higher than intended before letting out a very high pitched squeal.  Me thinks I need to take this slowly. 

I expect to finish my flag tonight so if you are interested you might like to check in with my facebook page as I will put it up tomorrow morning.  Then I shall spend the entire day with everything crossed!

Have a lovely bank holiday Monday and we shall speak tomorrow. xx







No comments:

Post a Comment