Wednesday 24 April 2013

Day 114 - lots of banging with Dakini Power.

Wednesday 24th April

I am overwhelmed by the kind messages I received both last night and today after my post yesterday.  I absolutely hate talking about my illness and I hated the post yesterday.  As my poor health dominated my day I had little else to write about but your kind words have helped me get back on track.  I am slightly less drugged up but I do worry about the work I have done today because I am not sure I was totally with it!  Saturday could be interesting....

Another day dawned and sometimes that is the point.  There is always another day.  We have had lots of sunshine but not the heat my friends down south are having.  There is such a thing as sharing you know!  I have checked the forecast for Saturday and, at the moment, it looks dry and that is the main thing.  Things are starting to take shape and more and more lovely craft work is arriving. 

These beautiful candles made by Louise have already started to scent the space.  Every candle is handmade and no two are the same. 

I am ensuring that guests have plenty of shopping opportunities as these wonderful craft people have all donated stunning raffle prizes. 

Our second son, George, has made some lovely beaded jewellery and that is always popular.  They make such lovely little gifts. 

The day has been spent finishing off the butterfly crafts that we have made as a family.  Many of you have been busy too and the butterfly table promising to be stunning. 


Tomorrow I am off to collect yet more work and the flowers
ready to do my signature 'flowers in a vintage tea cup' arrangements.  Friday is flower day and I am looking forward to that. 
It will all be fine on Saturday and I am actually starting to look forward to it.  I probably shouldn't have said that....

As well as the chaos of all the preparation we have a new flat roof going on today It is all part of the life on Hazelbank.  My baby plants have all been rehomed to the tunnel so I really hope they are ready.  If I lose any you can expect to hear about it on this blog.  This weather is driving me bonkers as it just can't make up its mind.  Everything will be covered with fleece and I will be in there very early in the morning to check on survival rates.

The excuse of illness meant I read my lovely new magazine yesterday called The Simple Things.  It was a real joy and I thought the whole structure and layout deserved an award.  It is a very positive read and it has now been added to my monthly download list.  It leaves you feeling good and that is a great achievement in the modern world.  Like the newspaper Positive News it offers lots of solutions.  I love the story that is on their website today about a 24 year old young woman called Hannah Brencher.  A couple of years ago she started leaving supportive and inspirational messages around New York.  People would then just randomly find them.  The project 'Letters from the Heart' was born and now there are thousands of people doing it all over the world.  Hannah believes that it helps to lift people and combat feelings of lonliness.  It is such an angelic idea and I am sure it is not done yet.  This kind of idea just keeps on giving.  It is just the sort  of project I want to feature on my new site 'One soul many hearts.'  As a project it is filled with positivitiy but it also lets others in and I love that.  Well done Hannah. 

I was an excited little bunny rabbit when the post arrived this morning because I have been waiting for a very special book to arrive.  Entitled Dakini Power it is the stories of 12 women who are shaping the transmission of Tibetan Buddhism in the West.  I expect to be impressed.  I am quite sure Buddha expected his pathway to travel on through time and place and I believe that our journey should reflect where we find ourselves.  It is not about copying ancient practices; it is about taking these practices on a journey with us as time and place evolves and changes.  As soon as the charity tea party is out of the way I am delving into this book and I may be gone a while.  Those that know me well will now be thinking 'I bet she doesn't wait until after the tea party.'  No comment!

The banging has stopped.  I think we must have a new roof.  Excellent.

Until tomorrow. xx



No comments:

Post a Comment